Chiropractors & Family Medicine located in Dallas, TX & McKinney, TX
If you’re suffering from pain in your knee, shoulder, or hip, a specialist trained in orthopedics can provide relief. The team at Posture Perfect Wellness Center in Dallas offers orthopedic services for men, women, and children of all ages. Call us or schedule an appointment online today to learn more about orthopedic treatments from our team.
Orthopedics Q & A
What is orthopedics?
Orthopedic medicine focuses on diseases or injuries of the musculoskeletal system. This complex system enables physical movement and includes:
Orthopedic injuries can cause chronic pain, prevent you from performing everyday activities, and reduce your quality of life. As a physicians trained in orthopedic medicine, our team can diagnose musculoskeletal problems and work with you to not only treat them, but to recover and prevent them from occurring again.
What are common orthopedic injuries?
There’s a wide variety of orthopedic injuries. Several factors cause orthopedic injuries including congenital disorders, sports injuries, trauma, or repetitive use.
Some common orthopedic injuries include:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Hip injuries like greater trochanteric bursitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Ligament strains and tendonitis
- Shoulder injuries like torn rotator cuffs
- Knee injuries like meniscus tears or torn ACLs
Orthopedic injuries can occur in men, women, and children of all ages. Our team's experience in orthopedic medicine covers pediatric, adult, and geriatric care.
How are orthopedic injuries diagnosed and treated?
During your appointment, a physician will review your symptoms and perform a physical examination. Based on your condition, they may recommend additional diagnostics like digital X-rays or blood tests.
Whenever possible, our physicians will bring a conservative, evidence-based approach to treating orthopedic injuries. Depending on your condition, we may recommend:
- Restorative exercises
- Chiropractic manipulation or massage
- Ultrasound or laser therapy
- Nerve blocks or steroid injections
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Referral for surgery when appropriate
We also offer stem cell therapy. This regenerative treatment reduces pain and restores function by triggering your body’s natural healing responses. In addition to treating orthopedic injuries, our team provides lifestyle recommendations and prevention strategies to reduce your risk of developing injuries in the future.
For unstable orthopedic injuries that require surgical treatment, one of our physicians might recommend:
- Soft tissue repair: restores tears in ligaments or tendons
- Fusion: fuses bones together with devices like metal rods
- Internal fixation: repairs broken bones with screws, pins, or plates
- Arthroscopy: repairs joint problems using specialized cameras and tools
- Joint replacement: replaces damaged joints with artificial prosthetic joints
We service patients from all over the DFW area including North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Plano, Garland, Irving, Allen, Richardson, and University Park, Highland Park, Frisco and McKinney.
Call or schedule an appointment online today to learn more about orthopedic treatments offered at Posture Perfect Wellness Center.